The Judiciary Committee works to promote the appointment of Asian Americans to the federal and state judiciary and other governmental positions, evaluates potential candidates, and identifies and encourages Asian Americans to apply for judicial positions.
Phone: (415) 705-2500 Email: jensenA@sec.gov
Orrick, Herrington, and Sutcliffe LLP
Phone: (415) 773-5571 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chan Punzalan LLP
Phone: (650) 481-8112 Email: email@example.com
When reviewing a candidate’s request for endorsement, the Committee and the Board will consider the following factors:
1. Whether the candidate is a member of a minority attorneys’ organization.
2. Whether the candidate has demonstrated commitment to the Asian Pacific American community, to any other minority group, or to a disenfranchised group such as the homeless or battered women.
3. Whether the candidate has ideas on how to improve the judicial process or access to the legal system.
5. Knowledge of the law and intellectual capacity
6. Legal experience (criminal or civil litigation or trials, hearings before administrative or regulatory tribunals, in-house counsel experience, transactional work, academia, legal writing and analysis, mediation, arbitration, negotiation) and professional ability
7. Work ethic
8. General reputation in the legal community, especially with APA attorneys
9. Civic/community affairs
10. Commitment to diversity and equal justice
11. Temperament/ability to judge
12. Intellectual curiositymailto:firstname.lastname@example.org