Donahue Fitzgerald, LLP is seeking a senior attorney for our Trusts & Estates practice group in our Oakland and/or Walnut Creek office. In this time of significant planning opportunities for clients, the Trusts & Estates group has seen a demand for its services increase exponentially. The position is well-suited for someone who enjoys being busy and wants to work for a firm with an established path to partnership.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· 5+ years of estate planning and trust administration experience, with a background in tax, preferred
· Experience in drafting and implementing complex estate planning strategies such as GSTT legacy trusts, SLATs, GRATs, sales to IDGTs, and CRTs
· Experience in handling probate matters, including preparing and filing motions and trust litigation, preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to interface with clients on a regular basis
· Must be detail oriented
· Ability to problem solve and work with a variety of personalities and work styles
· Must be a self-starter with superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments within a fast-pace environment
· L.L.M in tax or requisite courses in law school that have been applied in practice
· Proficient with MS Office Suite and a Document Management System, desired
The ideal candidate also will have strong academic credentials from a top law school. Must be admitted and a member in good standing of the California Bar.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established firm that offers interesting work, a collaborative working environment, opportunities to support pro bono activities and competitive benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please reference Trusts & Estates Attorney in the subject line of your e-mail.
DF LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
P.O. Box 387 San Francisco, CA email@example.com