Oakland or Los Angeles
SALARY RANGE: $84,327 - $113,006/year DOE
The Associate Managing Attorney leads systemic advocacy efforts to advance the rights of persons with disabilities to be free from abuse and neglect. The Associate Managing Attorney conducts a significant number of abuse and neglect investigations and coordinates systemic policy reform stemming from the outcome of those investigations. The Associate Managing Attorney reviews the investigations and legal work of and mentors staff attorneys in the Unit.
The Investigation Unit investigates allegations of abuse and neglect of individuals with disabilities, primarily those resulting in serious injury or death. . Based on the outcome of an investigation, the IU develops and implements public policy initiatives to prevent similar incidents in the future.
Associate Managing Attorney essential functions include:
Direct Investigations – 65%
- Conduct confidential abuse and neglect investigations
- Monitor facilities or programs serving individuals with disabilities and related data.
- Lead and/or participate drafting and issuing of policy papers and public reports.
- Lead agency teams in systemic policy advocacy involving issues of abuse and neglect, including major policy advocacy at the state level.
- Review and draft legislation and regulations.
- Participate with other agencies and organizations to address recurring problems and issues related to abuse, neglect and crimes against people with disabilities.
- Identify complex legal challenges and initiate needed systemic reform activities and impact work.
- Monitor, summarize, and analyze case law, legislation, and administrative policy and practices for agency staff and other organizations.
- Lead or co-lead a work team with an emphasis on assisting the team in developing and implementing strategies to accomplish work team goals.
Support – 25%
- Prepare training materials, publications, reports, or prepare presentations about agency’s work, which may include reports to funding entities and the Board of Directors.
- Assist with organizational development and planning, including the planning and development of agency’s Advocacy Services Plan.
- Participate in statewide and regional teams which may include two substantive Impact Teams.
- Provide technical assistance and substantive training to other regional office agency staff in areas of expertise.
- Participate in the identification and development of substantive and skills-based training for staff, with a primary focus on abuse and neglect.
Community-Based Advocacy – 10%
- Engage in community-based advocacy and community leadership, representing the agency as the voice of our clients.
Associate Managing Attorney marginal functions:
- Assist with agency-wide management responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Working at DRC is more than just a job - it's that rare opportunity to do what you're good at while making a difference in the lives of Californians with disabilities. Learn more about us at www.disabilityrightsca.org
Applications should be received by November 30, 2017 to be considered for the first round of interviews.
DRC offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package! To view the detailed job description and complete the application process visit http://www.disabilityrightsca.org/Jobs/index.htm
Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
P.O. Box 387 San Francisco, CA firstname.lastname@example.org