The Fellow will work closely with the supervising attorney(s) of the Legal Aid at Work and a California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) firm in all aspects of the organization’s or firm’s practice. The work performed by the Fellow may include direct services, litigation, public education/outreach, legal research and writing, community service, or any combination of these.
1. California Bar membership. (This requirement may be waived for a reasonable period of time, at the discretion of Legal Aid at Work, to allow the Fellow to take and pass the Bar examination.)
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Superior academic background.
4. Ability to travel as required.
5. Zero to three years legal experience.
6. Commitment to public interest law and social justice work.
7. At the end of the Fellowship, the Fellow is required to write a minimum 2-5 page essay about his/her experience and what he/she learned.
Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
P.O. Box 387 San Francisco, CA firstname.lastname@example.org