Since 1972, Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus has worked to defend and promote the rights of low-income immigrants with the goal of building community power.
Our workers’ rights program provides legal counseling, policy advocacy, direct services and impact litigation for low-income immigrant workers on a wide range of workplace problems, including race, national-origin, and gender discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour issues and unemployment insurance benefit appeals. Our workers’ rights team also regularly partners with worker centers to support workplace organizing, worker-led campaigns, and the development of immigrant worker leaders.
Position Description: Advancing Justice-ALC seeks a Workers’ Rights Program Manager to lead its dynamic community-based advocacy for low-income immigrant workers. Significant experience in the field of immigrant workers’ rights is highly desired.
The Program Manager will continue to build upon the program’s strategic goals and guide the direction of the work in partnership with the management team and program staff. The Manager supervises a staff attorney and a community advocate.
- B.A./B.S. and J.D. degrees with membership in good standing with the California State Bar
- An ideal minimum of seven (7) years related legal services or state/federal court litigation experience, including taking and defending depositions, law and motion work, and discovery
- Substantive law experience in workers’ rights
- Highly motivated and self-starting
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Excellent research, analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience in managing attorneys and program staff
- Ability to work with a highly diverse group of mission-driven lawyers and staff with a range of substantive law knowledge, experience, and expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work independently and in collaboration with other attorneys, community advocates, and community-based organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing the rights of low-income, people of color, immigrant, or worker communities
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is based on our salary scale which accounts for years of relevant experience and principles of internal equity.
The starting salary for an attorney manager with with 7 years of relevant experience is $74,000 and increases with additional years of relevant experience. A full benefits package is included.
Application Process: Interested candidates should e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: resume; cover letter summarizing interest, qualifications and experience; and three references. Kindly put “Application – Workers’ Rights Program Manager” in the subject line of the e-mail. Please submit materials in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
© 2019 Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area. All Rights Reserved
P.O. Box 387 San Francisco, CA 94104 | Email us at Info@aaba-bay.com