● Networking with other attorneys through events and participating in committees.
● Free MCLE courses, including courses that meet Legal Ethics, Elimination of Bias, and Competence Issues requirements.
● Participation in the Mentor-Mentee Program and community service projects.
● Updates on current events, news, and programs in the Bay Area legal community through our email newsletter.
● Free affiliate membership to the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association. Please email us for the code.
How do I renew?
When does my membership expire?
AABA memberships expire on December 31 each year. You will need to renew before December 31 of the current year to maximize membership benefits for the following year. For example, if you do not renew by December 31, 2017, your membership will not be active in 2018. To find out when your current membership expires, enter your user name and password in the Member Login page. If you paid for membership with a credit card after November 1, 2016, your membership automatically renews after every 1 year period. If you would prefer not to renew, you can log into your account and cancel the automatic renewal at any time up until the renewal date.
AABA is a 501(c)(6) tax-exempt organization. Contributions or gifts to AABA are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, membership dues may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses subject to the following restriction: the non-deductible percentage of these dues for lobbying is 1%. This portion of your dues is not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
Should you have questions concerning your membership, send an e-mail to: email@example.com.