October 5, 2016
AABA congratulates Bay Area attorneys Hung Chang, Kiran Jain, Kirupa Pushparaj, Manita Rawat, and Mansi H. Shah on being selected for the 2016 Best Lawyers Under 40 (BU40) Award by the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA). The BU40 Award recognizes talented individuals in the Asian Pacific American legal community who are under the age of 40 and who have achieved prominence and distinction in their respective fields, while demonstrating a strong commitment to the Asian Pacific American community at relatively early stages in their careers. Only 18 attorneys across the country were recognized with the BU40 Award this year.
“This year’s class of BU40 Award recipients demonstrates the exceptional strength and diversity of our Bay Area legal community,” said AABA’s President, Hung Chang. “As an in-house lawyer who started his career at a video game startup shortly before the Great Recession, I am honored to be acknowledged with this distinguished group of BU40 Award winners representing Northern California. AABA is grateful to NAPABA for recognizing their achievements.”
The BU40 Award will be presented on November 3, 2016, at the NAPABA Convention in San Diego. Below is the full list of recipients of the 2016 BU40 Award:
- Mark K. Arimoto | Hawaiian Airlines
- Hung Chang | Harman International
- Anjan Choudhury | Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- John Thomas Fetters | Mills Meyers Swartling P.S.
- Kiran Jain | City of Oakland
- Edward T. (Ted) Kang | Alston & Bird LLP
- Irene Kao | League of Minnesota Cities
- Linda S. Lin | QBE North America
- Van-Dzung V. Nguyen | Crowell & Moring LLP
- Rajiv D. Parikh | Genova Burns LLC
- Kirupa Pushparaj | Square Inc.
- Manita Rawat | Duane Morris LLP
- Yanin Senachai | Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles
- Mansi H. Shah | Merchant & Gould LLP
- Brian W. Song | Baker Hostetler LLP
- Michael K. T. Tan | ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Project
- Nisha N. Vyas | Public Counsel
- Greg Wu | United Airlines
Please join us once again in congratulating Hung Chang, Kiran Jain, Kirupa Pushparaj, Manita Rawat, and Mansi H. Shah on receiving NAPABA’s BU40 Award. AABA looks forward to their future successes.
For more information, contact AABA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AABA has a long history of active involvement in civil rights issues and community service, and is dedicated to fostering the exchange of ideas and information among its members and the public. AABA is one of the largest local Asian American bar associations in the country, and counts lawyers, judges, law students, and community leaders among its members, representing the entire spectrum of political, social, and legal concerns in the San Francisco Bay Area.