Contact US About AABA Social Media
We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we do. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
To apply, visit their job page.
· Privacy – Serve as the organization’s subject matter expert on privacy laws (including CCPA), and advise on matters relating to privacy, data protection, and information security. Collaborate with the Ethics & Compliance team on maintaining the company’s privacy strategy and delivering practical and compliant solutions.
· Marketing – Review and advise on advertising/promotions across all marketing channels. Develop and maintain guidelines and processes based upon latest developments in laws and regulations.
· Commercial – Support procurement division through drafting and negotiating commercial agreements. Lead complex commercial transactions, including M&A. Negotiate and resolve commercial disputes.
· Product – Advise product teams throughout the development life cycle on matters relating to compliance, IP and consumer protection issues, including consumer-facing disclosures.
· General Corporate – Assist and support a wide range of projects as needed, including new business lines.
· Provides advice and counsel on legal issues impacting the Company's operations and business.
· Drafts, reviews, advises and negotiates contracts, policies, procedures and other legal documents with a higher degree of complexity.
· Researches, analyzes and advises on proposed and existing legislation and regulations for impact on the company.
· Substantial knowledge of current law and issues within areas of specialty.
· Initiates and leads cross-divisional and enterprise projects. Interacts and influences business to help drive business results.
· Performs special projects (substantive, administrative and practice management) for the legal department, including those involving a higher degree of complexity, business impact or financial or personnel resources.
· Develops and/or conducts training programs for supervisors, managers and/or employees.
· Engages and manages outside counsel within area of responsibility in a cost-effective manner.
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
· BA/BS - Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· J.D. from accredited law school
· IAPP CIPP/US certification
· MBA from accredited college/university preferred
· California State Bar license in good standing
· 8+ years’ experience advising clients, with a combination of law firm and in-house experience
· Computer skills, MS Office, Google Suite, and online research tools such as WESTLAW
· Experience directly advising business stakeholders, including engaging colleagues from a business as well as a legal perspective
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an organized and effective manner with attention to detail
· Ability to balance multiple priorities while working in an efficient manner
· Strong foundation of change management and process improvement skills
· Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills with high-level business judgement
© 2019 Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area. All Rights Reserved
P.O. Box 387 San Francisco, CA 94104 | Email us at Info@aaba-bay.com